To apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- be found admissible to Canada; and
- Meet certain other conditions.
Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The person must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things that could be considered are:
- the person's ties to the home country;
- the purpose of the visit;
- the person's family and financial situation;
- the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
- An invitation from a Canadian host.
In addition to being found admissible to Canada, the parent or grandparent must also:
- provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold;
- prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; and
- Complete an Immigration Medical Examination.